Sunday, September 27, 2026

This Made me Sad.....

 Very brief blog this morning.

I make no secret that I am attended seminary back in the day. Thought at one time I was supposed to go that way, but I keep going back to the Pauline statement....

 "  For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing."

                                                                                                        Romans 7:19

I was sent this in my news.

The University of Edinburgh will stop offering Bachelors and Master's degrees in Divinity.  In the UK, those are the tradition degrees needed for becoming clergy.  

No one in the UK are going into the ministry.  

Edinburgh was the major divinity school for the Church of Scotland( In America, they would be called  Presbyterians and yes, just like here, there are different denominations of Presbyterians)

Just not enough students. 

I know in this country, there are churches having a difficult time finding qualified ministers. ( Had a church even approach me, I told them " I am trying to stay out of Hell now, I will pass.")

No, the divinity school remains open at the University of Glasgow, but that city is awful. You can get your throat cut there. 

443 years of offering these courses, and now no longer offering divinity degrees.  And that is why universities were first started, to train clergy. 

It makes me sad...... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Made me Sad.....

 Very brief blog this morning. I make no secret that I am attended seminary back in the day. Thought at one time I was supposed to go that w...