I sometimes get information from people, well, I never suspect or expect to contact me. And this happened yesterday while I was trying to watch both the Texans and the Cowboys prove once again, neither is going to the Super Bowl this season./
I guess I need to go ahead and switch and quit American football, and switch to watching the football(Soccer for the uneducated) leagues out of the UK. I am pretty much there now, and on Sunday afternoon, catch a little nap....
But, that's neither here nor there.....
Yesterday, minding my own business, I receive a phone call during the game. And normally with strange phone numbers, I assume it is SPAM and ignore. This one had a 994 exchange, what is or was a landline in Buna, TX.
My first thought was, " In 2026, who still has a landline?" ( My 95 year old mom has a cell phone.)
And I answer.
This person is someone I would consider, well, " close to be in the clique." At least, they know some people.
I thought I was going to get jumped on and chewed out......No, they did not.....
They were basically confirming something that I had heard earlier.
It seems a number of individuals within the "Clique" are not happy with what is going on with Buna ISD leadership.
The problems, they are stuck. Be it to save face, or economics( Everything boils down to money, more than you know.) or just what, they are saying, and is according to yesterday's source, " We have to figure out a way to ride this out."
They are upset with the number of people leaving the school, and they know that the district is hemorrhaging kids.
And here is a kicker, some in the clique are happy kids are leaving, " get rid of undesirables" " keep the district small."
While others are upset wanting Buna to grow, hoping to make a profit from it.
Yeah, you are getting a Waffle House and I am not lying, I want to go about 3AM on Saturday to WH, get some Pecan Waffles, some bacon, perhaps sausage, and hope for a show.
But people do not move to a community because you now have a Waffle House.
Believe it or not, people sometimes move in due to the school district and if it is any good.
And while there is disagreement, they actually are upset, both sides, pro-growth, anti-growth with the school district.....As the caller yesterday said.....
" The district just isn't the same place it was not that long ago...."
No comments:
Post a Comment