Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Trick or Treat...Smell My Feet

Give me something good to eat.

I keep threatening to come to Buna and dress as a "gubmint teacher" and trick or treat.( spookiest thing I could dress as)....and gripe if I don't get good stuff like Snickers or Mounds or Hershey bars, or Mars bars, Nestle's Crunch, a Bounty, some of that white candy with peanuts from China.....etc....etc.....None of that stinking licorice, or Pixie sticks.

But the weather guessers are talking about 90% rain chance. 

You know, when I was a kid, we did Halloween as a form of night for kids to get candy. We would have killed to find Mr. Goodbar in our sack at the end of the night. But then, we got popcorn balls made fresh that day from people we actually knew in the community. I know one lady made fudge with walnuts, wrapped each in a waxed paper, you want to talk about good. She made vanilla fudge one year and put cashews in them. People wanted to fight you for one.

Then we went through the time period in which the churches were all anti Halloween. Devil's Night, had their own "Fall Festival." I know the First Baptist Church of Mauriceville is having one. But it will be after the kids pretty much trick or treat.

And over the last few years the church has become more and more receptive to Halloween.

Say what you want, a Fall Festival is till a Halloween holiday.

Celebrate the holiday or not, I don't care. 

I don't know, I'll celebrate Halloween like I always have the last 37 years.  Watch a little TV, maybe roast some raw peanuts, be in bed early.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...