I don't know really how to start this blog off. I seriously do not and to be honest I do not know if I want replies or not.
It is the so-called " holiday season" from now until Jan. 1.
And during this time, many of us it gets to be a period of serious reflection.
I often wonder.
At most of the meals, gathering within the family, I am asked to say the blessing over the food. Now I do not mind doing it. I keep it short on purpose. There is nothing worse than a Baptist deacon prayer. Literally doing what Jesus told us NOT to do. Pray to impress others.
The problem is this, I often do not feel "worthy."
I sin, and as Martin Luther once said, " I often sin boldly."
Don't get me wrong, I feel "honored" when I am asked. I sometimes wonder if I am asked because they know I will "keep it short" and not kill us waiting around to eat.
Likewise there are people who I talk to from time to time who have more problems than you ever dreamed of.
You just THINK you got problems.
As my Uncle George would put it. " Got more problems than a run over dog."
And I know I took pastoral counseling in divinity school, but you know, I often worry than I am not doing or saying the right thing.
Once again, it is that worthiness.
Anyway, just reflecting this morning.....
Friday, November 23, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I Get Ugly With the Buna ISD This Morning.......
I seriously had not planned to even try and think about the Buna Public Schools for a few days this morning. But yesterday my messages ...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
-
Rome wasn't Built in a Day- - 12th-century French phrase and popularized in English in the 1550s This story is just in its infancy. I...
-
I was told yesterday of the passing of a former Buna student. Young man, in an industrial accident in Pt. Arthur. As I write this, the pre...
No comments:
Post a Comment