Saturday, December 1, 2018

Just Dumber by the Day

I was not planning to blog today....Or this weekend actually. I lobbied this morning and Iceland to the Highlands of Scotland looks like the trip....Just could not get sold on South England/Wales. I think the Southwest tour of Ireland may have ruined us....Hills, coast, whisky....Come on baby, come on....

But I digress.

So, it seems a man is in our nation's capital attempting to get a marriage license. ( That is Washington D.C for you who fall into the title's category..)

He is from New Mexico and when he presents his New Mexico driver's license as ID, they ask him for a passport. And then rejected him as a "foreign national with no passport."

He asked for a supervisor and the supervisor agreed with the clerk.

The clerk even complemented the applicant from New Mexico on his "command of the English language."

Neither knew that New Mexico was admitted in 1912 as the 47th state of the United States.

I mean seriously, we are failing in our schools.

Now I know it is the District of Columbia.( Then again, I have heard of officials in other states seeing driver's licenses from the District of Columbia and them thinking the person was from South America. And D.C. has changed their licenses to say Washington DC in 2017.)

But seriously, are we really this stupid in this country?

Wait, don't answer that....

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...