Monday, January 28, 2019

So.....

I got some ugly messages from folks on my New York abortion blog. Once again, I don't know too many readers of the blog who live in New York...It's their call. Do some research, the people who are having late term abortions are not having them for contraceptive reasons. It is not like the People's Republic where to control population money is either promised or threaded to with hold it you have another child.

And some of you think that somehow I support abortion.....I do not. 

My concern is this.

There is such a concern about kids who are unborn, as the kids once they are here.

I have seen kids live literal "Hell on earth lives."

I have had students whose father used them as , well, no other word, but, "sex toys." And mom was okay with it because the dad was leaving them alone.

We don't learn of this until the girl gets pregnant. And even then, they blame a "phantom"  boy friend.

Sometimes the mom leaves or in one case I know of, the mother was killed in a car wreck and 6 months after her death, the dad goes to the 12 year old daughter to "comfort him."

I had a cheerleader get pregnant by her father and take an overdose of pills.  She was brain dead for several weeks before the parents pulled the plug. After her death the halls of the school were quiet for weeks. It was eerie. I have never heard a school's halls ever that quiet.

Lucky me, I got to sit in for the next six months while a group of her friends when through intensive counseling from 3 psychologists and a psychiatrist...a suggestion, never take pastoral counseling in divinity school.

When the six months was over. I told one of the psychologists, that I may need to come and talk to her. ( Dr Miller, never forget her) and she told me, she had already been visiting a psychologist. It was the worst sessions she had been in and she'd been practicing 20 years.

In another district, I had two brother who had convinced their 7th grade sister that they having sex was "normal." And apparently, the lot of them were "into it." The boys had enough sense to wear condoms and mom and dad didn't have clue what was going on when it was discovered.   And these are not what you would call "white trash" people. the oldest brother wound up in Rice on an academic scholarship. ( Dad was an engineer) ( I can't remember how the incest was discovered?) I taught both the boys.

Most of you have heard my story of the student who was dying of AIDs and my job was to be a confidant and keep her from screwing every guy in the school. ( I'm not up to telling it this morning, perhaps another day)

There are things that go on behind closed doors of families, well, you don't want to know...

Some of you bitch to high heaven because people have Lone Star cards. Most of you because you see a Latino and just assume they are an illegal. Could be because you don't care if their kids go hungry because, well, "they're g*d damn Meskins." " They have to be illegal"

There are more Anglos in this country on some sort of food stamp program than any other group.

Look, there are more people who are desperate for some sort of food help than you know, a lot need to put their kids on free and reduced meals, but they won't because, well, they are afraid of what someone in the community might think or say. Meantime, their kids are often eat crap or don't eat.

I can't tell you how many lunches I've bought for kids and it always starts, " Mr. Thomas, can you loan me $2 or $3 dollars?" Knowing good and well I will never see that "loan" back. I know I had a kid I fed every day in Buna.

I told my wife a few years ago if I had some of that money back, we could fly to Europe First Class....

But taking care of kids, you know, it goes beyond you donating food, money during the holidays. And worrying about them goes way beyond the womb.

I don't want any comments today. I have drug up some old wounds I don't really care to dwell on....






No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...