I saw this on one of the about 100 web pages I try and look at a day and all I could think was...." Why did it take so long for the public to wise up?"
It seems that the clergy ( ministers, preachers) are at a new all time low as being honest and ethical in the eye's of the American people.
Only 37% of American view the clergy as honest.
Look, I was on church staff for a while and I was somewhat shocked at what goes on. It was an eye opening experience. ( And I know there are good ministers out there....But....)
And it seems every day there is some sort of sexual scandal involving ministers.
I can't figure that one out. It's like some of these guys are in the " business" for money and sex.
I am still ordain by a couple of denominations, one of which comes from the Reform/Presbyterian branch of Protestantism, ( even though I have troubles with Calvinism) but I never would dream of sleeping with someone other than who I am married to. And I always saw the ministry as a "calling."
Maybe it has been here all along, it is just we now have so much electronic media and so much internet, we are aware of what is going on?
On a brighter note, what profession do most Americans trust?
Nurses.
That makes sense.
And the one that sort of surprised me coming in at number #4.
High school teachers.
It now makes me question the entire poll....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dadgum Buna....Dadgum.....
I know there will always be apologists for the school district, heck, and I will get in trouble for this association, but there were and st...
-
" Excuses are like assholes.....Everyone has one....And they all stink......" I am going to digress before I talk about Buna Scho...
-
Again, this is being written under the influence of 70s Rock....Particularly, Led Zep... .Kashmir, Lemon Song, Whole Lotta Love, Black Dog,...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
No comments:
Post a Comment