Tuesday, January 8, 2019

What You Gonna Do?

This happens every couple of years, and I think it might be because the Texas Legislature is about to return into session.

What's the old saying?
" No Texan's life, liberty , or property is safe when the legislature is in session"

So, I see people putting messages on Facebook saying....

" We need prayer in school." ( I am assuming organized prayer here)

Okay, to which god?

Yours?

Or one of the dozens of other gods worshiped in the state?

I have a niece who attended a high school in the Houston area that had a predominance of people worshiping Asiatic type faiths.....Hinduism being the major one.

Or perhaps you would like a Satanist give the opening prayer in the morning. ( Trust me, they are out there.)

What if they allowed me to do the prayer one morning and I did it in Latin? ( I can do it, all day every day....In the old days you could take Latin at the Baptist seminary in Ft. Worth....Again, I am a waste of theological education...)

Kids would be coming home claiming I was a Papist.( Some of my best friends and favorite relatives are Roman Catholic. I often think they will "make it" through the pearly gates before me.) Or that because I was speaking in Latin I might have been "summoning up demons." 

What you going to do with the kids whose parents don't want them taught any religion? They are in every school in Texas.

Look, I often " hung-out" with kids who believed nothing. I seriously understand why Jesus hung with those folks. In many cases they are more honest.....And a lot more fun.

Organized prayer in school?

Pass.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hang In There Buna ISD......

 I generally write teachers, students, whoever is associated with the district about this time of year.  When writing this, it is April 30th...