Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Are Y'all Like This?????

I had planned this blog a day or two ago....But events have sort of cut back probably more than I had planned to write.

Other than my immediate family, wife, child, daughter-in-law, mother, brother, his family......I do not have a great deal to do with most of my family.

Hate reunions.

"They" try to get me to attend, but.....I have almost nothing in common with these people.

I no longer hunt. Don't fish. ( Pretty much physical limitations)

I am about as anti-Baptist as you can get....And one side of the family thinks Baptists are about "it" as far as religion is concerned....Maybe it's because I know a great deal of Baptist's history and actually attended a Baptist seminary. ( Seminary will mess you up....I went when there was upheaval in the convention...)

I've been to Europe twice in the last 4 years, plan to make it 3 later this year....and they look at me like I am crazy.....Why would you leave SE Texas? And you went to China, and you ate donkey? ( And donkey was actually pretty tasty, I'd eat it again...)

I literally got to "out-thinking"  myself and got to wondering if this "Heaven" business is all that great.....They might be there.

Heck, the last time I was in  a church service was in......Cork, Ireland.....

There were 5 children in my Mother's family.....Dad's had 11.

I can barely, barely name all my first cousins, and I liked some of them at one time or another.....But haven't seen them in years.......and their kids and grandkid's name? Forget it.

The Thomas family has a dinner at a restaurant every month. Do I go?

Hell no.....

I'm not the most social person anyway. And I know this....I'd be bored out of my mind.

So....is this just me?

BUT!!!

In the last couple of hours, we have found out the kids plan to be to America February 17-18th....Geez, Deborah, and Kerry Don got to get on the stick......This house looks like "Yucca Flats after the war...."

So, if I do not blog you'll know why.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Men, This One's for You....And it Ain't Good.....

 I've been going to more and more funerals here lately.  Part of it, well, most of it is my age.  That said, I am appalled at the way me...