Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Buna 2019

The world changes, and it is changing so fast we can't keep up. I know I can't. I don't dare try.

We can go anyplace in the world in 12-14 hours. I proved that this past year. I was literally on the other side of the earth this past October.

We literally carry one of the 7 Wonders of the World,  the Library of Alexandria( Our cells) in our hands all day long. I read the British and Hong Kong papers every morning when I get up. I stream the news from all over the world throughout the day.

The world is changing Buna.

More and more problems will come to the community whether you want them or not.

The school 'business' is now more concerned about kid's and staff's safety than it is with education.

That is just a sad statement. Sad, but true.

I know when I visited my son when he was teaching in Pineland, I had to be buzzed into the school, and had to go through a set of doors to get into the school. It literally reminded me of being buzzed into a jail. .......And it was almost that hard to get out.

This is the world today folks. You may not like changes, you may not like what is going on, but the world changes, and often things that have been done for years and years have to end. Just for safety's sake.

I know many of you want to do things "like we did back in 1952" but schools just can't.

Schools today with safety are caught between that "Rock and a hard place." No one is happy. 

Don't get mad. I know the change is upsetting. It always is, but it often it's so much better to be safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...