Monday, March 25, 2019

Just Lucky

I do not know if it is that or,  as you religious people, would say, I have been blessed or what....

Look at some of the problems that some of you have, you're on wife number three.....or Husband number four....

I don't have any kids by some other woman. I had my a/c fixed, last week, and the repairman told me he had 4 kids, by different 4 women.....

My wife is so good to me, let me teach school for my career, and not have to work in industry, she has always made more money than me.

And she's going to take me to the UK for the third time in the last four years. ( You really want to make Kerry Don Thomas happy? Take him to Britain, feed him a Full English Breakfast, fish n chips, and a pint in the evening and show him castles, moors, and a 15th century university......He'll be giddy as a Guamese Schoolgirl.)

So, about a month ago, she mentioned something about going with the church to Israel.

As many of you know, I am not a church goer. If and when I go, it may be for Easter, or Christmas, or a Episcopal/Anglican type service.

And Israel?

I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have to do Asia again.....Anytime soon. ( I did like Hong Kong, but it still maintains an old British Crown Colony type feeling, including still driving on the left.)

Not really gung-ho about seeing the Mt. of Olives. Or the Sea of Galilee.  Or the Wailing Wall....Might be because this is not a super safe part of the world and citizens of that nation can carry an Uzi over their shoulder if they need to....As a citizen of the United States, I cannot. Might be because it is a "hot"( heat) part of the globe.

I always was looking hard at New Zealand in '20. 

But, I generally get to pick where I want to go in the world.

You know, I need to go to Israel.

Keep my mouth shut. Go to the sites, act like I have some sort of sense. She doesn't ask for much, and you can rest assured being married to me is at best is often a 3-ringed circus. ( Steve Tidwell has been of late telling stories about my class, in his classes and getting laughter and his kids wondering what kind of a bizarro-world was he subjected to as a youth......And he is right, I look at the world differently than most people, and often "pushed that envelope" in class. )

I can plan on New Zealand some other time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...