Monday, March 18, 2019

Fight at the Buna High School

Preface: I am trying not to swear during Lent. So far, I am doing fairly well. I am going to try and make it through this without cussing.

So, the "Top Story" on KBMT Channel 12 was a fight in the cafeteria at the Buna High School.

There are parents concerned that the administrators and security in the cafeteria did not see the fight.

And if you have ever been in a school situation, it was the worst of all fights, a girl fight. Generally when boys fight, they are glad to see people coming to break up the donnybrook. Girls, well, they don't care. Girl fights can be scary.

The video that was shown on KBMT was from the school's cameras, which asks the question, how did the TV station receive the video?

Also, in most fights, in the past, kids would run like sharks smelling blood to view a fight. In this case, not a soul moved from a cafeteria table. With today's video games, MMA, etc, are our kids that jaded? That normally gives faculty and staff a clue what is about, or is going on.

I don't know what happened.

You don't either.

I am not sure why the administrators did not intervene.

I am not sure why the security did not intervene.

I know I am generally not one to "take up" for administrators, but you know, sometimes stuff happens so fast and you're watching a couple of other knotheads in 2-3 other groups, across the lunchroom, doing some sort of knothead stuff, with you watching to make sure they don't get out of control.....

That said at this point, the Sheriff's Office needs to take over the investigation.

I know this is not a good answer, but in the school business, things happen you wish you could go back and change every day....

I'm sorry folks, but stuff happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...