Thursday, March 7, 2019

Kirbyville

I guess we all knew this blog was coming. It just had to be.

I guess what sort of surprised me was how long it took for the lawyers to get organized to file the lawsuit. It could be, they wanted to get their " ducks in a row" before they actually filed the suit.

Folks, this could happen anyplace.

There is so much politics in schools. And the smaller the school district the more the politics comes down and effects the people in the classroom. 4A or smaller it is bad. I know, I spent except for 2 years of my career in small ISDs.

We seem to forget how political schools are.

There are people that the "upper" echelon want to "get rid of" for whatever reason.

There are people who they want to put into a job. ( I don't think you know how many people, all over the State of Texas are in jobs...teaching because they "know someone." And in truth, they are a  liability.)

There are people they just don't like for whatever reason...Sometimes, they get rid of people because they are too well liked and well, they may pose some form of a political threat.

I often wondered at what point in time I was going to lose my job to a local's child with a 'freshly minted' Political Science or  History BA/BS and I would be moved out of my position as "gubmint" teacher. ( And it was my understanding there was member of the community who wanted me put in another job, on a different campus, so their child could be "gubmint" teacher....Luckily, the kid did something else than teach.)

The lawsuit is out of Jasper County. It is in Jefferson County and Jefferson County is more often than not going to rule in favor of the plaintiff.

No, it is going to be interesting......I wonder if there will be an attempt to "settle out of court" so this suit will....." Go away?"

For whatever reason?

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...