Wednesday, March 13, 2019

My Profession...and Buna

I am not really a Calvinist. I have flirted with and was taught at the knee of a man( my maternal grandfather) who had very Calvinistic tendencies. ( Calvinism believes God has predestined everything before the earth was even formed.)

From time to time, I often wonder if I should have taught school, or do something else.

Don't get me wrong. I loved teaching school. I really did. I really enjoyed teaching seniors. I LOVED it.

I also knew when it was time to go.....Time to retire. I know I upset some people when I did retire, but within a short period of time, I knew I had made the correct decision.

Last night, I had a random conversation on the phone with a former student.

Let's face it, everyone has rough spots in their lives.

I know the old Govteach has them from time to time.

The person I spoke to is bright, and in his heart has a good soul.

We spoke for a while, they felt better, I felt better.

Sometimes, you are put in situations we do not understand that 'play-out" years if not decades later.

Last night, I was reminded why I wound up in Buna ISD 25 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...