Friday, March 29, 2019

The Highwaymen

Just watched the Highwaymen on Netflix.

The movie is the story of retired Texas Rangers Frank Hamer and Maney Gault hired by the state of Texas to track down outlaws Bonnie & Clyde.

In typical Hollywood fashion, the movie was full of historical inaccuracies, a good deal of hyperbole, case in point, the movie acts as if the Texas Rangers at some point had been disbanded, they were however made to reform, and become a more professional modern agency after the First World War. ( The discussion of the Porvenier Massacre is included in the film, but was not completely and accurately explained how it contributed to the Ranger's reform.)

The movie was slow in parts, and I often lost interest. I was able to wash a couple loads of clothes and not miss a thing.

The movie was correct with Hamer using a .35 cal Remington Model 8 in the final shootout and I found that interesting. ( It's an odd, odd gun)

Is it worth a watch?

Yes. At least once.

The movie is 132 minutes. ( 2 hours and 12 minutes)

I would give it 3.5 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...