Saturday, April 27, 2019

I Blame Tara Sullivan Laramore....Again

I blame Tara.....Again......She made me wax philosophic while I was doing a load of laundry this morning ......

No, seriously, I was remind that my senior class in high school was larger than any entire student body census while I was at Buna High.

Heck, I graduated with folks, I did not even know, and by the end of the school year, I knew most of the kids in school at Buna. Even the goo on the bottom of my shoe, I mean Freshman....

For years I was disappointed that my Alma Mater didn't, or wouldn't hire.

I didn't want to admit it, but the teaching positions are just like every other schools, political, and I did not have the right connections.

Let's face it, politics is involved in so many schools....Heck all schools......You know good and well it is "Who you know, not what you know..."

It was a fluke Buna ISD hired me.

I had what was in those days a certification that nowadays everyone has. The Composite Social Studies. In the old days, people had History Certificates. Or Government Certificates... Now it has flip flopped. They have a Social Studies. Alone.  ( BTW- I have both, History and Social Studies...the Social Studies qualified me to teach Government and Economics)

That said, I was soooo lucky to have spent most of my career in Buna, and little did I know how happy I would be in my time in South Jasper County.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Men, This One's for You....And it Ain't Good.....

 I've been going to more and more funerals here lately.  Part of it, well, most of it is my age.  That said, I am appalled at the way me...