Monday, April 29, 2019

Sloppy

I know this is a different time. I understand this.

I know the world changes. I know this and I am proponent of things in society changing.

I understand that putting on a nice shirt and clean jeans is " dressing up" for some of you.....I understand this. I know this is East Texas. I know this is the societal norm.

I still wear a suit and tie to events. I wear dress shoes.

I know how to tie a tie about 25 different ways, but you know, I generally only tie the tie in one of 3 ways. The old standard "Four-in-Hand" the St. Andrews and the Pratt knot. Hell, most of the time, I wear a bow-tie I've actually tied.( At some point I need to discuss Black Tie, Morning Dress, and White Tie.......and I've done the Black Tie several times before.....I keep waiting for the White Tie event. But, I don't work for the State Department....If it was cold for the event, I'd come up with the cape and Top-hat....)

I digress.....

But some of you just don't care.

I have been to affairs in which people should have at least "tried" to dress a little better.

Funerals, weddings, even just church services.

People wearing muscle shirts. Wife beater t-shirts, shorts with holes in them. Jeans with I know cow fertilizer on them.....

Men wearing hats in church. ( In Europe the older men were wearing wool flat caps in church, but it was 50F( inside) on a raw rainy day.....and these were older people)

I have been in church services with women wearing shorts so short, skirts so short( with f*ck me pump shoes) I was temped to ask them, " How much?"

At some point, this mess has to stop.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Men, This One's for You....And it Ain't Good.....

 I've been going to more and more funerals here lately.  Part of it, well, most of it is my age.  That said, I am appalled at the way me...