I know this is a different time. I understand this.
I know the world changes. I know this and I am proponent of things in society changing.
I understand that putting on a nice shirt and clean jeans is " dressing up" for some of you.....I understand this. I know this is East Texas. I know this is the societal norm.
I still wear a suit and tie to events. I wear dress shoes.
I know how to tie a tie about 25 different ways, but you know, I generally only tie the tie in one of 3 ways. The old standard "Four-in-Hand" the St. Andrews and the Pratt knot. Hell, most of the time, I wear a bow-tie I've actually tied.( At some point I need to discuss Black Tie, Morning Dress, and White Tie.......and I've done the Black Tie several times before.....I keep waiting for the White Tie event. But, I don't work for the State Department....If it was cold for the event, I'd come up with the cape and Top-hat....)
I digress.....
But some of you just don't care.
I have been to affairs in which people should have at least "tried" to dress a little better.
Funerals, weddings, even just church services.
People wearing muscle shirts. Wife beater t-shirts, shorts with holes in them. Jeans with I know cow fertilizer on them.....
Men wearing hats in church. ( In Europe the older men were wearing wool flat caps in church, but it was 50F( inside) on a raw rainy day.....and these were older people)
I have been in church services with women wearing shorts so short, skirts so short( with f*ck me pump shoes) I was temped to ask them, " How much?"
At some point, this mess has to stop.....
Monday, April 29, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I Get Ugly With the Buna ISD This Morning.......
I seriously had not planned to even try and think about the Buna Public Schools for a few days this morning. But yesterday my messages ...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
-
Rome wasn't Built in a Day- - 12th-century French phrase and popularized in English in the 1550s This story is just in its infancy. I...
-
I was told yesterday of the passing of a former Buna student. Young man, in an industrial accident in Pt. Arthur. As I write this, the pre...
No comments:
Post a Comment