Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The Old Govteach Philosophizes

I am going to philosophize a little in this blog......And yes, I took down the blogs on the girl who posed a threat to the Colorado schools.

If I was teaching seniors still ( and she was an 18 year old senior) I wouldn't want to read or see anything I wrote....after the fact.

I know, I know at 18 you are an adult, and you're responsible. But you know, when I 'walked' some of you, I was worried about a number of you, and well, most of you " got it together."

But that said, I have had some students commit serious crimes.

You saw it coming, and you either couldn't or didn't know what else to do....

Two ex-students are doing them "ALL" in Huntsville. ( One is up for parole in 2037, but he's not getting out.)

Both crimes were committed while taking my class.( Outside of school) One was arrested in my room.

I don't know, it makes you wonder if you could have "done something else," and that would have worked....

I don't know. Some things are above my pay grade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Men, This One's for You....And it Ain't Good.....

 I've been going to more and more funerals here lately.  Part of it, well, most of it is my age.  That said, I am appalled at the way me...