Monday, April 15, 2019

Well, I've Known It, You're a Bunch of Heathens

Well, I've known it for a while, you are a bunch of heathens.

Well, actually, some of you.

And if you watch Europe, you knew this was coming.

The number of people in America who are of No Religion is at 23% of the population.

Catholics are at 23%......

Evangelical Christians 23%.....

The "No Religion" group has grown 266% in recent years and in 4 to 6 years will be the largest group in America.

And the "so-called" experts do not know why this is occurring. And there is even a debate among the theologians as to " What do we do?"

Why are many of us not shocked?

I know I do not attend church. I went at Christmas for the Christmas Eve service, mainly for the music, and before that...I was in Ireland at St. Finn and Barr Cathedral in Cork.

Other than that I don't go.

I have nothing in common with these Baptist folks( the church I grew up in) and I want to get up in the middle of questions and ask questions. And then, my former denomination wants to make people do what they want, and I've never understood that.....So, I don't go.....

So, I would be in that 23% of "No Religion."

That said, I still pray every day. I've fasted during Lent. Ate fish on Friday during Lent.

But organized religion?

Nah....

And while there are people like me, Christian, outside the realm of the physical church, the " I don't believe anything" is growing quickly.

I can't say that I blame them. I really don't.


Religion, or lack there of is a personal choice. It shouldn't be forced on folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Men, This One's for You....And it Ain't Good.....

 I've been going to more and more funerals here lately.  Part of it, well, most of it is my age.  That said, I am appalled at the way me...