I am in the middle of Lent and I "gave up" cussing for Lent, so I wish the title had stronger words.
But last night I heard a Baptist say the following.
" That Notre Dame burning, I don't care, it's just another Catholic Church."
The Alamo was a Catholic Church.
Would you feel the same if it was destroyed in a natural disaster?
And you may say, " Well, Notre Dame was rebuilt, several times."
Yes, but so was the Alamo. The Alamo in San Antonio is not the same building that was there in 1836.
Look, they are trying to change this and make the entire area a historic site, but where the wall of the Alamo mission was, is now several stores, including, I don't know if it was still there, a Guinness World Records Amusement .
Notre Dame is a historic symbol of Paris......The French......Yes, it has changed over the years, but then so has most everything else....
Any time a historical object is destroyed, we should be saddened. Even if you have religious differences.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I Get Ugly With the Buna ISD This Morning.......
I seriously had not planned to even try and think about the Buna Public Schools for a few days this morning. But yesterday my messages ...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
-
Rome wasn't Built in a Day- - 12th-century French phrase and popularized in English in the 1550s This story is just in its infancy. I...
-
I was told yesterday of the passing of a former Buna student. Young man, in an industrial accident in Pt. Arthur. As I write this, the pre...
No comments:
Post a Comment