I say this as I return from a Good Friday service at a Southern Baptist Church, North of Vidor. ( Grandma got up on the organ and let it go....The Old Govteach loves him some " High Church" organ music at church. And Easter/Christmas is one of the few times Baptists still use organ music like it is supposed to used....)
It was called to my attention earlier this week that a local Baptist Church, Southern Baptist Church, was having a Jewish Passover Seder.
I then discover two other Baptist Churches doing the same.
The Seder of course an oral history, telling the story of the Jews being liberated from slavery.
It is a long celebration including eating traditional foods, matzo, lamb shank, charred eggs, an apple-nut wine type salad....and during the meal, 4 cups of wine are drunk. 4 to symbolize the 4 promises of God to the Jewish people.
I don't remember Southern Baptists being freed by Pharaoh in Egypt in 15th Century B.C......Heck, I don't even remember Southern Baptists in Exodus, or Numbers, or Deuteronomy.
You know the 4 cups of wine will be out. They might Welch's Grape Juice, or perhaps a Fanta Grape Soda.
And I doubt they serve lamb.......Knowing the Baptists they'll substitute it with a good big ham.....And that's just so wrong, on just so many levels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I Get Ugly With the Buna ISD This Morning.......
I seriously had not planned to even try and think about the Buna Public Schools for a few days this morning. But yesterday my messages ...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
-
Rome wasn't Built in a Day- - 12th-century French phrase and popularized in English in the 1550s This story is just in its infancy. I...
-
I was told yesterday of the passing of a former Buna student. Young man, in an industrial accident in Pt. Arthur. As I write this, the pre...
No comments:
Post a Comment