Friday, April 19, 2019

What on Earth are You Baptists Thinking???????

I say this as I return from a Good Friday service at a Southern Baptist Church, North of Vidor. ( Grandma got up on the organ and let it go....The Old Govteach loves him some " High Church" organ music at church. And Easter/Christmas is one of the few times Baptists still use organ music like it is supposed to used....)

It was called to my attention earlier this week that a local Baptist Church, Southern Baptist Church, was having a Jewish Passover Seder.

I then discover two other Baptist Churches doing the same.

The Seder of course an oral history, telling the story of the Jews being liberated from slavery.

It is a long celebration including eating traditional foods, matzo, lamb shank, charred eggs, an apple-nut wine type salad....and during the meal, 4 cups of wine are drunk. 4 to symbolize the 4 promises of God to the Jewish people.

I don't remember Southern Baptists being freed by Pharaoh in Egypt in 15th Century B.C......Heck, I don't even remember Southern Baptists in Exodus, or Numbers, or Deuteronomy.

You know the 4 cups of wine will be out. They might Welch's Grape Juice, or perhaps a Fanta Grape Soda.

And I doubt they serve lamb.......Knowing the Baptists they'll substitute it with a good big ham.....And that's just so wrong, on just so many levels.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Men, This One's for You....And it Ain't Good.....

 I've been going to more and more funerals here lately.  Part of it, well, most of it is my age.  That said, I am appalled at the way me...