What a difference a year makes. Seriously.
I am so glad that Miss Debbie( What my dad called my wife) and I visited Northern Ireland last Easter, 2018. ( Come to think of it, a couple of you who know my wife call her that...)
There have been riots in Derry. ( It is called Derry by the Irish Republicans and Londonderry by the British Loyalists)
It is a place where the Catholic vs. Protestant feelings still hold strong.
Folks being serious hurt and a journalist killed yesterday.
And to think, we got out and walked around in "Free Derry" a year ago.
You knew then, from the graffiti, the feelings, the place could "boil over" in a heartbeat.
Once again, what a difference a year makes.....
Saturday, April 20, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I Get Ugly With the Buna ISD This Morning.......
I seriously had not planned to even try and think about the Buna Public Schools for a few days this morning. But yesterday my messages ...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
-
Rome wasn't Built in a Day- - 12th-century French phrase and popularized in English in the 1550s This story is just in its infancy. I...
-
I was told yesterday of the passing of a former Buna student. Young man, in an industrial accident in Pt. Arthur. As I write this, the pre...
No comments:
Post a Comment