Thank you for letting me know about your new valuations. I had a number of people who would not post in the comments the amount their property increased, but sent me private messages concerning the "new" amount.
I also was amazed that you can look-up any property, taxes, valuation in the county.( Jasper County)
Orange County has the same type website and I was amazed to discover our property here in Lemonville was "worth more" than homes I know that are larger, have more out-buildings, land and are newer than ours, but are worth less.
This got me looking, but it seems to me this is a normal thing in other counties besides Orange.
What makes the value worth more?
A school district that is perceived as "better."
So, something to consider when buying a home, even if you do not have children.
I guess I have known this all along....but did not know even take it into consideration for appraisals. And I don't know why, I did not.
( Also I found out this morning that "Harvey" and its damage to property was an added factor....And the house at the Compound didn't get flooded.....)
That said, I was speaking to another older "gentleman" this weekend and he was like me, if Chevron builds in Orange, we may see it as a chance to sell out and " Get the Hell outta here...."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I Get Ugly With the Buna ISD This Morning.......
I seriously had not planned to even try and think about the Buna Public Schools for a few days this morning. But yesterday my messages ...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
-
Rome wasn't Built in a Day- - 12th-century French phrase and popularized in English in the 1550s This story is just in its infancy. I...
-
I was told yesterday of the passing of a former Buna student. Young man, in an industrial accident in Pt. Arthur. As I write this, the pre...
No comments:
Post a Comment