Wednesday, July 31, 2019

New Market Basket- Mauriceville

So, I got brave and hit the new brand new this morning

Market Basket ( MB) in Mauriceville.

It is huge compared to the old " Mend and Make Do" MB that was opened after the Tropical Storm Harvey flooding.

I did have a hard time navigating the new store and walked around the place several times.

The quantity of items has increased considerably. And they had things I wonder if they will still be on MB shelves in 6 months? Such as this....








It had a a meat counter like an old fashion butcher shop, a deli, they were starting to give out samples when I was starting to leave.

The store was busy, and had a large number of workers on duty, including representatives of various food companies. I wonder how many people will still be with MB in 6 weeks? It also had a number of customers. Could be, the old MB had been closed several days and people needed groceries.

I am glad to have a decent store in Mauriceville. I am glad to have more choices. I am glad to have a deli. Before now, this section of Orange County has DQ or Sonic for "quick" non-sit down food choices.

Everything looked good this morning, but first impressions always matter. I wonder 6 months from now how the store will look?





 








No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...