Saturday, July 13, 2019

Stranger Things 3 -Review

I am going to try and write this without a large number of spoilers, that said, there will be spoilers.

I think it might be the best of the 3 seasons.

Russians, Russians, Russians. I know most of you do not remember, but we still were afraid the Commies were going to come in and make us stop drinking milk and watching Bugs Bunny in the 1980s. It captures the feelings pretty well of that day.

I am wondering about the attempt at going into the mirror world is not something the US Government is already trying?

Gaten Matarazzo( Dustin) makes the show alone worth watching. ( I am hoping that is him singing the duet in the end, not lip-synced.. If so, the boy can sing.)

The series really doesn't get going until episode 4.

The pop culture and dress of the 1980s was spot on.....I know, I was teaching in the Houston area and was there.....Only thing different, Texas girls toward the end of the 80s, often had huge hair and wore pants you could see every bump. It put the Bactrian into "camel toe."

If you have seen the other two and debate watching this one, don't, it is worth 8 hours of your time. I was up until 1AM this morning watching....

4 1/2 stars out of 5.

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...