Thursday, July 25, 2019

Well, That Was a Mistake

I often wonder about myself and wonder, " Kerry Don, what the hell were you thinking about?"

I was in need of a new pair of shoes for Europe and I decided I would go and try some on. I can buy clothes online, but shoes, well, I need to try on.

So, I decided to meet my wife and go to Academy and then go out to eat afterward....

And I arrived early, so rather than wait either in the waiting room at my wife's work, or in the parking lot, I decide to go to the half-ass mall in Port Arthur.

When I was teaching, I often bought my " Back to School" teaching clothes a JC Penney's. So, I went in through their side entrance. I thought there might be something that I may want to wear on the trip.

Penney's needs to go ahead and close the door and go to the house.

I started in the men's shoe's.

Shoes on the floor, empty boxes, shoes on display that look like they had been out in the middle of the highway and had been "run-over" by multiple vehicles.

I then go to the dress shirt section....

Men's shirts wadded up and stuff back into the slots, shirts on the floor, shirts mixed up so there was no grouping of colors, or sizes, or styles.

I glanced at the men's sport coats and  they were so cheap, and so high price I wouldn't wear them to a dog fight. They were already coming loose at the shoulder and threads were pulled apart on about 50% of of them.

But it was the underwear that even shocked me.

People had taken the underwear out of the packaging, and it appeared had tried them on.....Then stuffed them back into the slots, after throwing the underwear packaging they had come in on the floor.

Who tries on underwear at the store?  And when they put it back they expect someone else to buy it?

My luck, Penney's would re-package the drawers and I'd try them on after a guy who had actually infiltrated Area 51, raped an alien and contracted an STD that caused his pecker to turn green and look like an overripe zucchini.

I decided to go down to Dillard's just to see. Still overpriced. I look at the suits and they were half off and still, even though SOME of the suit makers were of a known company, they were so thin and so cheaply made, I would not even dream of buying one.

As a couple of people reminded me after my post from yesterday, order online.

They are correct. I buy most of my clothes online and I am seriously looking at buying a tweed suit from online. The measurements, the questions they ask, and for the price, I think I may order one when we get home. But they will make one to look like a 1940s cut suit, in the tweed, the color I want, and like I said, for the price. I am going to risk it...

Nope, It'll be another 10 years before I visit a mall again...Maybe I'll be dead by then and I won't have to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...