Friday, November 22, 2019

Former Students in the News

The media has been awash in recent days of Buna ISD alumni making " missteps in their lives."

Serious missteps.

And for the most part,  these people were likeable individuals, when they were students of mine in school.

I then take a look at the social media and there are posts concerning them, that we need to be praying for, and thinking about them. And their families.

Yes, we should, but in reality, it was them who caused pain not only for their families, but the many victims they left in their wake.

You may not know, and while I am no longer in contact with many of my ex-students, I want to see you do well.

This next comment may seem heartless and cold, but I can't find myself praying for them at this time.

I'm sure I will have at some point have to explain my action, or as in this case, inaction to my creator.

You see, I have a prayer list a mile long. ( Yeah, I know, I cuss, I take a "nip," I get "off the rails" ... I am not perfect.)

But I still get up and pray every morning at about 4am. ( You'd be amazed at in-tune with God you can get at that hour.)

- I have a dear friend, whom I love as a brother, who needs a heart transplant.

- I have another friend who needs a new liver.

- I have at least two in the hospital right now and the doctors can't figure out what is wrong.

- I have a number of you expecting a third, a second, a first , a fourth child, and  some are worried about the pregnancy, some are scared to death of becoming a new parent.

- I have people who are out of work, and I pray they find a job that makes them feel fulfilled.

- I am praying for teachers this week that they make it through the day....the day before a holiday is like " herding cats."

- I pray for my former students in law enforcement, that they make it home safely every day.

This is just a partial list.

They need my prayers....Badly....

I am sure at some point, I will change, but right now, those who have inflicted self-wounds, and serious wounds to others, well,  I'm just having a hard time being sympathetic.




1 comment:

  1. In the past I would try to pray the understand the pain but more often they don’t think what they did wrong was that bad or even wrong. I have stopped myself.

    ReplyDelete

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...