I somewhat....Somewhat, I get this from W.E. " Bill" Thomas ( My dad)....And he'd approve, but hell, he made it look so damn easy, but in truth, he put a good deal of effort into it.
And my brother, well, he's as bad as I am.....Perhaps worse. ( All those damn Allen Edmonds shoes)
When I went through my 3 separate interview process for the Buna ISD to hire me, I will never forget going by my parent's house afterwards, wearing a nice blue blazer, khaki slacks, UCL tie, penny loafers, and my father saying to me, " You showed up looking like that and they hired you anyway?"
I grew up in a fop's house......It's hard to keep up with a dandy's dandy.....Beau Brummel had nothing on him.
Look up Brummel...he spent 2-3 hours a day tying his cravat( his tie)....
It's 36 days until Christmas and already I am thinking about what I am wearing for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
I have been looking at what I have in the closet and trying to decide what I am going to wear.
Yesterday, it was, maybe if I get a vest to go with my navy blue suit, wear my pocket watch and chain, pin-dot bow tie, I could go Edwardian England AKA Churchill-ian....Then I decided to price Homburg hats like Churchill always wore( I am of an age I can perhaps pull-off a Homburg).....I'm not willing to pay what they want for one. For a hat I might wear once...I'll check Village Hat later and check what they might have on prices today, but their hats are somewhat inferior after a few wearings.....A Catch 22 situation...
Then this morning, I got to thinking, perhaps it will not be "warm" for Christmas and I could "tweed" up and wear the tartan tie from that collection I have? Flat cap, or the Fedora hat.....I found a pair of Tommy Hilfiger woolen trousers in a nice brown herringbone I forgot I had.....
This is just for Christmas Eve.....
Christmas Day, well, a little less formal, but still coat and tie......
Maybe I should just chuck it this year, wear a nice OCBD shirt, blue jeans and Tony Llamas? That's what everyone else will wear, even to church services....I'll be better dressed than the minister, and I remember the day when the clergy set the standard.
Naaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh....I'm going to try and "out-dress" you every day.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So, I Wrote a Blog on This Over a Year Ago.....And STILL Get Hate Mail....
And it has NOTHING to do with the Buna ISD.....I was told, "Yeah, they get mad at you, but at some point, even if they don't admi...
-
" Excuses are like assholes.....Everyone has one....And they all stink......" I am going to digress before I talk about Buna Scho...
-
Again, this is being written under the influence of 70s Rock....Particularly, Led Zep... .Kashmir, Lemon Song, Whole Lotta Love, Black Dog,...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
No comments:
Post a Comment