Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Oh Kerry, This Has to End....

I somewhat....Somewhat, I get this from W.E. " Bill" Thomas ( My dad)....And he'd approve, but hell, he made it look so damn easy, but in truth, he put a good deal of effort into it.

And my brother, well, he's as bad as I am.....Perhaps worse. ( All those damn Allen Edmonds shoes)

When I went through my 3 separate interview process for the Buna ISD to hire me, I will never forget going by my parent's house afterwards, wearing a nice blue blazer, khaki slacks, UCL tie, penny loafers, and my father saying to me, " You showed up looking like that and they hired you anyway?"

I grew up in a fop's house......It's hard to keep up with a dandy's dandy.....Beau Brummel had nothing on him.

Look up Brummel...he spent 2-3 hours a day tying his cravat( his tie).... 

It's 36 days until Christmas and already I am thinking about what I am wearing for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

I have been looking at what I have in the closet and trying to decide what I am going to wear.

Yesterday, it was, maybe if I get a vest to go with my navy blue suit, wear my pocket watch and chain, pin-dot bow tie, I could go Edwardian England AKA Churchill-ian....Then I decided to price Homburg hats like Churchill always wore( I am of an age I can perhaps pull-off a Homburg).....I'm not willing to pay what they want for one. For a hat I might wear once...I'll check Village Hat later and check what they might have on prices today, but their hats are somewhat inferior after a few wearings.....A Catch 22 situation...

Then this morning, I got to thinking, perhaps it will not be "warm" for Christmas and I could "tweed" up and wear the tartan tie from that collection I have? Flat cap, or the Fedora hat.....I found a pair of Tommy Hilfiger woolen trousers in a nice brown herringbone I forgot I had.....

This is just for Christmas Eve.....

Christmas Day, well, a little less formal, but still coat and tie......

Maybe I should just chuck it this year, wear a nice OCBD shirt, blue jeans and Tony Llamas? That's what everyone else will wear, even to church services....I'll be better dressed than the minister, and I remember the day when the clergy set the standard.

Naaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh....I'm going to try and "out-dress" you every day.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...