Sunday, November 3, 2019

I'm Trying to Avoid Hell, So Stop It

I figure if I get into heaven it will be a fluke anyway at this point in time, so, please, some of you need to stop it.

Just stop it.

And I know this a thing more likely to happen with someone I do not know very well.

I went up town and ran into someone I had seen at one of the weddings I had been the celebrant at over the last few weeks and they referred to me as " Reverend Thomas."

I cringed.

I'm glad I was not in a liquor store when they said it.

Please, don't call me " Brother Thomas"( I was called that at a wedding) or "Reverend Thomas or anything with any sort of cleric title.

Yes, I am ordained/licensed by two different denominations/organizations. One pretty, easy going about stuff you do, the other, not so much.

Yes, I studied at a theological seminary.

Yes, I served on church staff.

But, I hate being addressed with the title.

Once again, you're reading this, you are grown up people call me "Kerry" or if that makes you uncomfortable, you can keep calling me "Mr. Thomas." ( Unless you're Tara, she has to call me Mr. Thomas.)

I know some of you go from "Kerry" to "Mr. Thomas" to "Kerry" in a conversation and I know if is sometimes hard to make that change.

But please, no religious/clerical titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...