Tuesday, December 3, 2019

"Mr. Thomas, are You Actually a Queer?"

Write a blog and you get questions like this. I am in the middle of writing a blog that should upset a number of people on Christmas and historical background, and sometimes, doing "actual history" without just boring the hell out of people is well, time consuming.

I get all sort of messages like this. I think some folks think that somehow they will be able to "sweep in" and save my soul.

I think the fascination with men's clothes is part of it. Say what you want, we are in a society that think " the sloppier the better."

The older I get, the more I wonder what that is saying about us in general?

Then, the same person who wrote the message about my possibly actually being a homosexual was concerned about me " performing the gay marriage."

Hey, was maybe the fanciest wedding yet. I just thought I was dressed "to the nines." I may need to see about getting a tuxedo for such soirees. Perhaps one in Midnight Blue?

Heck, I even stayed for the reception, steak and shrimp.....

The only thing, an extremely distinguished older gentleman( in a gorgeous lamb's wool glen-plaid Cambridge grey and black sports coat.)  sat across from me at the table and he and I struck up a conversation.

I enjoyed his views and ideas of stuff, and I assume he did mine.....

Trouble was, dumb-ass me, I didn't "snap" to the fact later that he was flirting with me.( That was my fault. I asked to feel the lapel of the lamb's wool jacket....Naive old Kerry...)

Not sure, but I " think" I was flattered.

Look, as I have said many times before, when it comes to actual interaction face-to-face with people, I don't "get it."

I think it is why I think I did not have a date for 2 and 1/2 years while in university. That and going to school full-time and working 2 jobs cuts into social time. ( Part of it was, I went through a period of bad, just awful first dates. And just threw myself into work/school.)

And believe it or not, and I know I do not act like it, especially if I am "in-charge"  but the ole Govteach is actually painfully shy. Especially around the opposite sex.

Literally, if my wife had not asked me out, I probably would still be single today.

But to answer the question if I am a homosexual?

No, as my late Great Uncle Melvin would say, " I likes the wimmens."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, Okay, We Go There......This Blog is for 'Some' Buna Folks.....

 So, over the last week, I've had more people show up in my DM's and PM's that well...... These are people I have not a clue who...