Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Often

Vote early, vote often is the saying that is often used in places like....Chicago.....I don't think it's the same way in Great Britain....

Tomorrow the British are holding a general election for a new "government" as they call it.

And unlike here, the party who wins the majority of seats in the House of Commons elects the "Government" in other words, the leadership including the Prime Minister.

Trouble is, they may not win the majority, if that occurs, the leader of the party tries to organize a coalition between the majority party and other smaller parties.

Complicated?

Yes.

There are 650 seats up for grabs in Britain.

Many will go to minority parties.

Including, if I lived in Scotland, I'd vote forthe Scottish Nationalist Party( SNP)...I am predicting 41-44 of Scotland's 56 seats in the House of Commons will go to the SNP.

The SNP of course supports the breaking of the 1707 Acts of Union which united Scotland and England into Great Britain.

In other words, the SNP pushes for independence.

Perhaps it is time.

Scotland now has oil in the North Sea to rely upon for funding.

In that light, I put this up over the Compound....It's the Cross of St. Andrew, the patron saint/flag of Scotland.

And may wear this button I may have picked up in my travels.





The media is blacked out in Britain on election day....Perhaps we need to adopt that here?

Prediction? I look for the Tories ( Conservative Party to squeal out a win....So close, his government may be calling another election in a short period. But seriously, close....The Tory's opponent leader in the Labour Party is half a Commie or I'd expect an even closer election.   )





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hang In There Buna ISD......

 I generally write teachers, students, whoever is associated with the district about this time of year.  When writing this, it is April 30th...