Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year!

Just wanted to wish everyone a "Happy New Year" from the Compound.

2019 was, well, a different year.

It went quickly. We visited Scotland, and other than that personally it was not much of a change in the year.

We were blessed in that the Compound was not flooded by Imelda, and had a good friend up the road check on our home while we were overseas.

We got the kids back to the United States. I know China is now a 12 hour flight, but you know, you just feel better with them in Austin than in Yunnan Province.

I sort of dread this coming year.

Politically, we are coming apart at the seams. Not sure if this is a growing pain or if our time as the dominate nation is, well, done.

The debt alone has me concerned. It grew $1 trillion dollar in 2019. Our debt now stands at $22 trillion. At some point we got to pay this mess off.

I wonder how much more at each other's throats we will become?

I am afraid 2020 is going to get ugly. I wonder if this hated will filter into out national psyche forever?

This hatred is not good for the nation. And the sad part is, some of you relish this hatred of other Americans.

I have a funny feeling this is a going to be a year of turmoil.

Hug your kids. Hug your loved ones. Hug your extended family and friends. Let them know you love them. That is important.

Very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...