I was invited to lunch today by a former student and his wife.
I made the long trip and looped by the old Buna High School, ( now Buna Junior High) went down and turned left on the road just past the railroad tracks. Of course, the new school are gated off. I have never been by, much less into the new high school. When they had "Open House" when it first opened, I had written a couple of not so "positive" blogs about the Buna ISD and it was suggested I may not want to visit.....So, I did not....
Came out down the road by the old sawmill, and turned and went by the "Flame."
I met Travis Harding and his lovely wife and cute oldest child at Faustos.
Faustos was good as normal and they served today the best fried potatoes I have had since I have returned from Scotland.....Why can't we get good fried potatoes in this nation is a mystery to me. In an out of the way cafe, pub, truck stop in the UK and Ireland you can get wonderful fried potatoes.
I am proud of myself that I did not refer to Travis Harding as " Bobby Hill" and his wife as " Mrs. Hill."
I kept thinking Travis would excuse himself for a minute to go to the restroom so I could ask her "What happened?" " You lose a bet?"
Lovely young lady.
All teasing aside, they are a good looking couple, and a cute as a bug child. No doubt who that kid's dad was...
It was a good visit and good to see Travis and meet his family.
I was surprised, or should not be surprised, that as I turned down Hwy 62 South, the " Cock in a Box" Christmas decorations were out in full force. I always wonder that some maiden aunt looks at those and is hopeful that someone will gift her one this holiday.
And I made it out of town unscathed. There was no ambush at 253 at 62 as I headed South, and I didn't go into any stores looking, and "got the hell out."
It is amazing while there are a few new stores, everything is relativity, the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Please Buna People, I Implore You.....
I went to a visitation at the funeral home in Vidor last evening. These happen, as life goes on. I am sure when it is "my time"...
-
" Excuses are like assholes.....Everyone has one....And they all stink......" I am going to digress before I talk about Buna Scho...
-
Again, this is being written under the influence of 70s Rock....Particularly, Led Zep... .Kashmir, Lemon Song, Whole Lotta Love, Black Dog,...
-
I was hesitant to go here. It is the middle of the summer and whether we care to think about it or not, we are rapidly coming to the end o...
No comments:
Post a Comment