Thursday, January 2, 2020

So, I was in Buna Today.....And I Survived!

I was invited to lunch today by a former student and his wife.

I made the long trip and looped by the old Buna High School, ( now Buna Junior High) went down and turned left on the road just past the railroad tracks. Of course, the new school are gated off. I have never been by, much less into the new high school. When they had "Open House" when it first opened, I had written a couple of not so "positive" blogs about the Buna ISD and it was suggested I may not want to visit.....So, I did not....

Came out down the road by the old sawmill, and turned and went by the "Flame."

I met Travis Harding and his lovely wife and cute oldest child at Faustos.

Faustos was good as normal and they served today the best fried potatoes I have had since I have returned from Scotland.....Why can't we get good fried potatoes in this nation is a mystery to me. In an out of the way cafe, pub, truck stop in the UK and Ireland you can get wonderful fried potatoes.

I am proud of myself that I did not refer to Travis Harding as " Bobby Hill" and his wife as " Mrs. Hill."

I kept thinking Travis would excuse himself for a minute to go to the restroom so I could ask her "What happened?" " You lose a bet?"

Lovely young lady.

All teasing aside, they are a good looking couple, and a cute as a bug child. No doubt who that kid's dad was...

It was a good visit and good to see Travis and meet his family.

I was surprised, or should not be surprised, that as I turned down Hwy 62 South, the " Cock in a Box" Christmas decorations were out in full force.  I always wonder that some maiden aunt looks at those and is hopeful that someone will gift her one this holiday.

And I made it out of town unscathed. There was no ambush at 253 at 62 as I headed South, and I didn't go into any stores looking, and "got the hell out."

It is amazing while there are a few new stores, everything is relativity, the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...