Tuesday, January 14, 2020

I Know Buna, I Know.....

I understand Buna. I know many of you think that it is some sort of "State Secret" but it is not.

There were people making remarks about " knowing where I live" this morning on the Facebook.

Well, yeah, I've lived here long enough half of Buna knows now.

And I don't care you know. I know it is a "mystery" to some people because, well, we don't invite a lot of people over to visit.....I think both of us grew up this way.

I had a former student come by the house to borrow an item(s) of clothing from me for some sort of party they were attending, and heck, I didn't even have to tell them the address. They already knew.

That said, if any of you just show up " unannounced" especially if I do not know your vehicle, you're probably going to see me come out with a firearm.

This happened yesterday.

It's funny how stuff happens, I thought I was going to be doing a wedding yesterday, and once it was cancelled, I put on my PJs and was "done for the day." Or at least I thought I was done.

About an hour later, there was a knock on the the kitchen door, and I thought it was the UPS man, but as I looked, I saw a strange truck, so I grabbed a .44 and put it behind my back as I opened the door.

Come to find out, it was couple who were " anteloping." ( eloping) They had been sent to me by a relative/ex-student. Just showed up.

Adults, second marriage for both is what he said. License out of Jefferson County. Was issued last Thursday.

So, I married them.

( I know some people have questions about people eloping without telling family. Hey, eloping worked for BOTH sets of my grandparents. One set of grandparents had 11 kids, the second set, only 5.)

I'll bet they talked about that rough looking "preacher" in pajamas, carrying a revolver, beard untrimmed since Thanksgiving when they left. ( The beard is starting to make me look like a Civil War general.)

So, if you ever come over unannounced, there ain't no telling what you might see, and you might find me pointing a M4 assault rifle in your direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...