Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Okay Ladies( And Men Too) I Have a Question?????????????

The trouble is, this blog is only for a selective group of readers and once some of you read, well, you'll stop, rather quickly.

You know we have that Chinese trouble.

Well, not really a problem, in truth, it is quite nice. I am sort of amazed at how fast she is adjusting to certain aspects of American society, in this case, Texas society.

She wants a pistol.

Nothing says "Texas" faster than that statement alone.

We are a little concerned in a multitude of ways.

She grew up in a society in which there was no public gun ownership. And we wonder if she really understands that it is a danger tool. Very dangerous.

She has not fired a weapon yet as I have received "blow-back" from various family members concerned.

I have to remind one of the family members that while she grew up in a household with no firearms and actually a fear of said, weapons, she is very comfortable around guns now. ( Has to be, they're spread all over the house.)

My Mother-in-Law won't be in the same room as a gun. I have to "hide" them when she comes over. I think she seriously believes they will magically " go off" on their own.

This is in contrast to my 89 year old Mother who carries a Smith & Wesson .38 spl. at all times and NOW has two loaded shotguns on either side of her bed, to which I ask her, " Mom, why two shotguns?" To which Grandma( My mom ) answers, it depends on which side of the bed I might be on....I am my mother's son. College, graduate school hillbillies.

But, I digress....

My daughter-in-law is a girly, girl. Very dainty.

I am afraid of what to get her.

She doesn't carry a purse like my mom, large enough for half a cow, a cord of wood, and starter for 1976 MGB. With a speical hiding place for the revolver.

 She carries tiny purses.

So, I am concerned at what gun I ( yes, I said I) should be looking at getting her to carry?

One of the mouse .380s? Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec, S&W, Sig, Springfield? ( I have ONE .380 in my arsenal. An old Colt Pony I inherited. Not impressed. )

How much "kick" do they have?

A .32 Beretta Tomcat?

I have even considered looking at one of the Charter Arms .32 H&R revolvers. ( Too much kick?)( I carry a Charter .44 I trust with my life)

Then there is a question of color. I could see her (the Chinese coming out) with me at the gun show, gun store picking out a pink, or purple, or sea foam colored pistol. I think my son would  veto that.

I am a fan of  revolvers, but the size might be too much.

And take into the consideration she is a girly-girl. She's not one of the petite girls from Jasper County whose been driving a tractor since age 7, and can drop the transmission from a 1967 GMC 2500 pick-up.

This is a city girl, actually as Garth Brooks wouldn't say, she " Has been trained in Social Graces."

I am a gun guy, but here I am totally at a loss? I have considered a Walther PPK and call it even. She's a clothes horse ( Like someone else we know) and good enough for James Bond 007, good enough for her. And even though she wears skirts 95% of the time, I could also see her wear a Men's Tuxedo because it is " Très Chic".....

Suggestions folks....Especially you ladies.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...