Friday, January 17, 2020

Man, I am NOT GOING to Make It

I am not, I don't know how I am going to handle this, I really do not. I am of the philosophy now, leave me the hell alone, I am going to do just fine.

I'm pretty smart, I can figure stuff out on my own.

That said, last night I received a phone call from one of the people(a man) who is running the tour we are taking in April/May to Israel. Again, I am doing this because, I love my wife. I don't do well in groups unless I am in charge. Or, have some sort of control. Teaching school for 178 years does that to you.

So, the man introduced himself as " I am Brother XXX XXXXXX." ( To make matters worse, he called AFTER 9PM. I am of the old school, call after 9PM only if there is an emergency, or someone has died.)

Oh man, you want to NOT impress me? Call yourself "Brother" or "The Reverend" so-and-so.

Part of the reason why, so many people who call themselves that, well, I know these people.

And I understand that you need to show people respect. Doctors, dentists, professors, teachers, accountants, etc, etc, but this guy is in the business of taking people to the Holy Land and part of the " sell" is he's " Brother" so-and-so....

Look, I have a problem with the title business in the " religion" world.

I went to seminary. I am ordained. Don't you dare call me" Rev. Thomas" or "Brother" Thomas.

Most of you now are my age and you want to call me " Kerry" feel free, but we've gone over this all before. ( Tara has to keep calling me Mr. Thomas because, well, she just does.)

" Brother XXX XXXXXXXX" called because he wanted to make sure we understood overseas travel. I started to be an asshole and say, " Sure, what do you need to know?"

Man, I am NOT going to do well....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...