Monday, January 27, 2020

What is Going on With Our Schools?

So, I am watching Channel 12 News this morning, as I generally do, and this morning, I arise a little late, so I only catch the 6AM broadcast.

It seems both Hardin Jefferson ISD and Evadale Schools are both closed due to "threats."

Is this now the " New Normal?" ( Rumors of other schools have abound, but not confirmed.)

What has happened to us in this country?

What has happened to our kids?

And don't blame guns. When I was a kid, I had access to a WWII M1 Carbine with a couple of 20 round and a 15 round magazines and all the Remington ammo I could carry, but I nor an other kid I knew dreamed of shooting up a school, and guess what, we were not happy either. ( We all had access to guns and all sort of ammo and hell as I have said before, I duck hunted with my high school physics teacher after class.)

But what has happened to us that our CHILDREN feel like they need to become mass murderers?

Too many video games? Too much prescription medication? Too many movies? Too much entitlement?

What has happened to us? What has happened to our kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...