Friday, February 21, 2020

Good Grief Buna People

I had planned to write a second blog today ( after the first one got deleted )  about a totally different subject, but good grief.

I've either been on the phone in messages, emails with folks since I post the blog this morning.

I just counted. 23 people.

It's been busy. I am just now getting around to my normal daily chores. 

Many just livid with the Buna ISD.

Many, if not most upset with the education their kids are receiving, and these are not folks to get all upset about stuff.

And normally you hear people unhappy with whatever school, but not this many with Buna ISD. It seriously wonder what the world is going on?

Had 3 people ask about Homeschooling their child(ren). 

How much of this is in some classes, the only concern is " Passing the Test?"

How much of this is because they just can't get people to teach any more.

I know there are still some people who are pretty good teachers, but I wonder if they " It's just a job" are outweighing the good ones? ( It was starting to get that way as I retired. Being a teacher should be something different, sorry, but it should be.)

I don't know, I should be taking the attitude, " Not my circus, not my monkeys" but I want BISD to be a good school. And sadly, I no longer recommend it to people when they ask " Should I move my kids there?"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...