Thursday, March 26, 2020

How Much Am I Going to Get?

So, the Senate has passed a $2.2 Trillion dollar "emergency" stimulus package.

Hell, I thought originally, it was only supposed to be around a trillion dollars. ( Like the late Senator Everett Dirksen once said, " A billion here, a billion there, it soon starts to add up to real money." )

I have been looking at the "slush fund" that businesses are going to receive and to be honest, in many cases, I can't figure out who is getting what, and how much. They're do it on purpose.

The bill also contains a grab bag of provisions that in some cases seem to range far afield from the coronavirus pandemic, including $13 million for Howard University, $25 million for Washington’s Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and $75 million for the National Endowment for the Humanities. Senate aides said those allocations and others were justified to help the institutions prepare for and respond to the coronavirus outbreak.

You know, typical congressional bullshit.

So, how much am I going to get? Did I make too much money to "get a check?"

Here is the formula.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/business/coronavirus-stimulus-check-calculator/?itid=lk_interstitial_manual_8


Unhappy you are getting a check? Let me know, I am sure I can find someone who'll take it.....Or hell endorse it over to your old Government teacher. I'm sure you owe him a favor from May of the year you graduated. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...