Wednesday, April 29, 2020

How'd This Happen?

I could not sleep last night, got to hurting, bad back, bad hips, bad disposition.....And let my mind wonder as you do from time to time....

Got to thinking about my family last night.

Educated out the wazoo.

My mother has that oddball graduate degree between Master's and Doctorate that was all the rage in the 70s.

Wife has about 15 different letters she can put behind her name. She uses 3. " Not looking for work" is her mantra.

I went to frickin' seminary. Member of the religious Order of St. Andrew. The Order strongly suggests you wear the "Roman" or "Anglican" collars. I thought about wearing one to Buna my last year, just to see what they'd say, also considered wearing a teaching gown I acquired a number of years ago....Also to see who I'd piss off.

My child is going to have his second Master's degree here in the next week. He's married to one of China's elite, Her dad is a big shot doctor, her grandad is a retired Chinese Navy Officer, her other Grandad flew guide missions for the Flying Tigers in WW2. She's about to start a grad degree probably at A&M.

My brother has a law degree, is married to a woman with a degree from the second oldest university in America. His oldest child will probably go to Virginia Military Institute when he graduates from HS this coming year.

Hell, ask Debbie and Kerry where they want to go, and Scotland, England, Ireland are at the top of their list.

Yet I am sitting here listening to Ernest Tubb and Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Yesterday before the rain, I decided, while looking at a couple of fryer squirrels in the backyard and decided this weekend they need to go into some actual hog lard with some potatoes.

It's like Downton Abbey meets Deliverance around here...




No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...