Saturday, April 11, 2020

No,No,No,No...Round-up...Maybe Something Else?

I don't know, this is a strange blog, heck, every blog I write can turn strange very quickly, and you and I know this.

First- Thanks for you suggestions, and asking.....

I am not going to start a church.

Am I qualified to do so?

Yes

Have I been on church staff before?

Yes

Am I supposed to start a church at this time?

No, and probably will never do so. Not my calling. As I have said for years, I always thought my calling was to be at Buna High School when I was there.

Look, I do not think this area, or any area is ready for what I would do as a minister. I have a theology that is all over the place. I draw my doctrine from the Presbyterians, the Methodists, the Episcopalians, heck, a little bit from the Baptists.  I grew up Baptist attended one of their seminaries, and I don't see a problem with drinking, or dancing, or being gay.

Look we all got problems, Lord knows I got my own. 

I don't know how the community would act the first time we held an Irish Whisky tasting on St. Patrick's....Or a Scotch Whisky tasting on Burn's Night......Or a Bonfire Night complete with tannerite on Nov. 5th.....Heck a BBQ and American domestic brew night in the Summer.

Why? Why not?

Ecclesiastes 9:7 —
Go, eat your bread with joy, and drink your wine with a merry heart, for God has already approved what you do.”

Meanwhile, you need a minister for weddings, need me to pray for you, whatever, let me know, I get up at 4AM each morning, and pray for a large number of you. 

- I have been offered 3 dogs since my post about the Boxer on Facebook.

Kerry and Debbie don't need a dog. We'll probably be gone on the road 6 weeks to 2 months in the coming year. I don't need to ask someone to watch my animals. 

My neighbors have a Boxer, a Pit Bull, a German Shepherd, a Dachshund, and they all come running when Kerry comes out. Don't need another one in the community. At some point, when my travels have slowed, I will get a dog. The Boxer consideration is just another one to put into the mix.

- Finally, I want to thank everyone for their prayers this past week. 

Also, the folks who just have been checking on me, to see how I am doing and if I need anything. 

Thanks folks, it warms the cockles of the old Govteach's heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...