Tuesday, April 21, 2020

What is this B*llSh*t??????

I saw this this morning, and I said, surely not? Surely this is not going to change, especially right now for me, and what I am trying to get done.

It seems the present administration is trying to change the exam for the U.S. Citizenship.

Right now, the book for the test is right at 400 pages. I know, I was the U.S. Citizenship teacher in Beaumont for a few years, and I got people ready to take the test.

As many of you know, I got one, I need to get ready for the test. And the old test is pretty much what you expect.

Questions on the Constitution, politics, the government, voting, etc. What you expect.

I wonder what it will change to?

Will it be like the British Citizenship exam? With questions on culture? I've the Britain several times and I barely passed that exam. ( I took the pre-test, not trying to get British Citizenship.) Literature, music, etc. ( It was a humdinger. If you had to take a US one, I figure about 20% of Americans would pass a IS equivalent.)

What music will be asked? Gangster rap? Country? Classical? Will there be American art? It so, I am sunk and would have to study up before I teach April.

I doubt most of you could pass the present exam. Even if you've taken me in class. It asks some questions you should know, but it's been a while.  

I wonder what I will have to learn in order to teach it? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...