Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Oil

I don't know, listening to Alice in Chains' " Down in a Hole" seems right to listen to while writing this blog...In more ways than one.

Who knew, I'd be happy that West Texas Intermediate crude with a June Delivery would be making me happy this morning....

And it's only at $15 a barrel.

Better than the negative number there were a couple of days ago for May delivery.

Trouble is for U.S. producers to make money, actually break even in many cases is between $40-50.

Yesterday the Texas Railroad Commission who is in charge of the oil industry in Texas decided not to do anything about wells that are producing. Part of it is, it would take between $250,000 to 400,000 to bring wells back online, depending on the well. Then, there are not enough crews to bring the wells online at "once." It'd take considerable time. ( Why is the Texas Railroad Commission in charge of the oil industry? Look in your government notes if you still have them....I explained why......Yeah, I know, your notes were burned or taken to the deer camp as butt wipe, but other than write a 6000 word essay why, look in your notes.)

Texas is in trouble at $15 dollar oil.

Bad trouble. The Texas school system for one thing depends on the oil wells out in the Permian Basin to support schools. Hell, the state government in general depends on it.

And you've got to remember this area is a "One Trick Pony" as far as economics is concerned. If people are not buying gasoline and other oil products, we are in trouble.....And if the U.S. opened today, would enough people take advantage of the opening? I know I fall in the 60+ with health problems demographic. I ain't going no place. I've not bought gas in 2 months. How many other people are going to just stay at home? In the demographic or not?

And don't quote the Lt. Gov. of Texas Dan Patrick and tell me I need to get out and risk my life for the economy, all I can say to Dan or whatever his name is this month, " Fuck You and the Clap Dripping Mule You Rode in On."( How in the world can they say this and lose their minds over abortion? Is it because babies become worker bees and older folks are retired and out of the work force? )

Sorry folks, but right now the economy, the world is in a damn conundrum, and in the short term, it is not going to get any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...