Monday, August 10, 2020

I No Longer Care

 Don't care, don't care, don't care.....

Since pro baseball, pro basketball, pro hockey has "resumed" this Summer, I can name the number of games I have watched on one finger. 

Have not watched a basketball, nor baseball game this year. I saw the the Toronto Maple Leafs were on NBCsn and I am a Maple Leafs fan, and I watched one period. Just one. The stands were covered with tarps and they had "piped in" fan noise. And it sounded so artificial, I could not watch. I changed the channel. 

And over the weekend, the FCS ( Those are colleges the size of Lamar University) called off their football playoffs they had scheduled at the end of the year. Two of the major conferences, The Big Sky( Montana, Montana State Idaho, Idaho State, UC- Davis, Sacramento State Weber State, 13 schools in total) and the Missouri Valley ( North Dakota, North Dakota State, South Dakota, South Dakota State, North Dakota State has won the football championship the last 8 of 9 years...This is after a number of other FCS conferences postponed football until the Spring. Over 50% of the conference. 

This of course all revolves around Covid. 

That said, the Southland Conference, Lamar, McNeese, Sam Houston, SFA, Abilene Christian, Northwestern Louisiana, etc.....Still plan to play football. But if the championship playoffs are not until April or May...How would that work? There probably are kids who graduate in Dec, would they want to come back and practice 6 weeks after they have left school? I am sure some will, but what if they have been offered a quality job?

So, the news this morning, is that the 5 major football conferences, the Big Ten, Big 12, PAC, ACC, SEC had an emergency meeting Sunday to discuss playing football in Fall. 

I am not going to shocked if the Big Ten ( Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc) and the Pacific Athletic Conf. ( USC, UCLA, Stanford, Washington, Oregon, Oregon State, Arizona, Colorado) cancelled or postponed football. 

What the Big 12( Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Baylor, West Virginia etc) SEC ( LSU, Texas A&M, Alabama, Ole Miss, Tennessee, etc) ACC( Clemson, Florida State, North Carolina, Virginia, Boston College, Miami, etc) decide to do, is unknown? 

I am wondering if in the end, the liability factors of the Covid and long term effects the illness my cause? https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/07/brain-fog-heart-damage-covid-19-s-lingering-problems-alarm-scientists

As I said, I don't if I will care if we have college football. I don't care about any other sports right now, but no college football? It could happen. What would we do at the Thanksgiving and Christmas family gathering to avoid carrying on a conversation with Aunt Lucy and Uncle Skeeter? 

 2020 just will not keep giving us strange and disappointing news. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...