Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Buna ISD

 I generally write a " State of the District" blog at some point but you know, according to the Buna ISD calendar, this is the " First School Day".

It also starts the first day of year 10, yes 10 years retired from the Buna ISD. 

Oh, I keep up with what is going on, but you know, I miss it like a bum tooth. 

I've traveled the world since I've retired. 

Canada twice. United Kingdom 3 times. France, Germany, Belgium, Hong Kong...Spent a month in China. Was in New England for the Fall foliage. Seattle, San Francisco, Boston, New York....Waiting now for this " Virus" mess to end so we can go to Israel. And are looking at either Wales, Cornwall, Devon, or Switzerland after that. 

My child has completed 2 Master's and picked up a wife we love to death. And someone asked, they now are living in College Station. Their townhouse has 3.5 baths. I can't pee that much.

I did not know it would be this way, but I love retirement. Best job I ever had. 

This comes in the light of a former Buna ISD Superintendent's death, and this may be ugly to say, but she pushed me over the edge to retire. We were sent a massive academic department( History, English, Science, Math Departments) educational bullshit document to fill out. Massive 50 pages for everyone in the academic department to fill out. Stuff that never gets read. 50 pages each. Was supposed to take a month to fill out.

I filled  out everyone in the department's work one morning while the kids were taking a test. About 3 hours. I didn't want my department members to suffer. ( I told them " I got everyone taken care of " when they found out about the paperwork.....I was already upset when the History Dept. was told " You have to improve your TAKS scores".....Our scores were 100%. Highest in Region 5. We had no place to go.)

No, don't miss it. 

THIS is the best job I ever had....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...