Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Buna ISD Aftermath

 I am wondering this morning how this will turn out. 

I wonder who will be fired? If at all? 

Let me remind you ladies and gentlemen, if you work in a tax supported field. Schools, county government, etc, you don't need to be making political statements in support of one political party or another. Or supporting or not supporting any president. 

You have to remember even though you think so, not everyone in your community supports the political party you support. 

That at one time was instilled upon new and old hires within school districts. I know I was asked three times when Buna ISD hired me if I would actively support ANY candidates in my class. And I think I did a pretty good job of keeping that part of my life secret. 

And once you express your political feelings as school or any other government entity, you have lost your neutrality, and perhaps the school business is not where you should work. Again, not everyone in your community feels the way you do politically.  People will wonder if you support someone else, will you subconsciously hold it against them. 

The school business is supposed to be about being fair. You don't want to do anything to make people think otherwise. 

If you can't keep your political feelings known in a school setting, perhaps this is not the work for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay Ladies, You're Not Getting Off the Hook.......

 Again, I had not planned to write this blog....Partially, I never enforced female dress code when I taught school. It was too much of a min...