Wednesday, December 16, 2020

This is Another Reason Why the Church is Failing

 I was reading the Houston Chronicle this morning and I come across this story. It seems Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church received $4.4 million dollars from the government's Paycheck Protection Program( PPP)....

It was not only Osteen's church, but 1000 other Texas religious organizations.   

 When did a church become a business? When they started taking in so much money they can hire 350+ employees? 

Methodist and Catholic Churches received around $50 million total.

Baptist Churches received $100 million. 

I know that Osteen lives in the exclusive River Oaks section of Houston in a 17,000 sq ft home, for his family of 4. I didn't see him put that up for sale to pay his workers.

I didn't see Osteen offer to pay the employees from his personal estimated $60million in personal wealth. 

I already have trouble with churches getting involved in politics.  I seriously doubt Jesus would be either a Democrat or a Republican. 

But not pay taxes, and then ask the government for a hand-out? 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...