Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Title?

 So the Wall Street Journal, the " Daily Diary of the American  Dream" as it called itself at one time is all upset because Jill Biden is calling herself " Dr. Jill Biden." 

She has an earned doctorate.. 

The Wall Street Journal had an opinion column in which the writers attacked her using the term. " doctor" because she wasn't a physician. 

Last night, Little Lord Fauntleroy on Fox News gave the opinion that her doctorate was about as useful as " Dr. Pepper's." 

It's a lot of bullshit to hop through to get an academic doctorate. Ask Leah.

I guess if I wanted to, I could could myself Rev. Kerry Don Thomas. 

But I don't, and that is a personal choice. 

I know long time GOP advisor /National Security Advisor, Henry Kissinger called himself " Dr. Henry Kissinger " and he wasn't a medical doctor. 

His Ph.D. was in a political science/history area....

Let's do a little teaching.....

The term " doctor" comes from the Latin term " docere" which means to "teach"( It had nothing to do with be a physician. ) " Docere " in literal translation means ' I teach.'

The first academic doctorates were awarded in the 1200s through the University of Bologna in Italy and the University of Paris( Sorbonne if you prefer)....  

So, Jill Biden has a doctorate in teaching....What the first doctorates were all about, and carry through until today.

She wants to call herself Dr. Jill Biden, go for it.

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...