Sunday, January 24, 2021

Man, So Glad I No Longer Have to Go Here

 So, I made the mistake yesterday of going down that " Pig Trail" called YouTube. Looked up and I spent 5 hours going down it. 

Started off watching tailor made suits being made at first on Savile Road in London, then suits made in NYC, then Hong Kong( Kicking myself on that one. I was approached by a man in the New Territories about getting suit made in HK in 24 hours. Apparently that is the standard in HK.) and finally Bangkok. 

I let the YouTube go and it wound up on dating in 2021. And what it was like. 

Hell, I now understand why so many of you now are single. You can't get past the dating stage. Nor want to date.

Man, I don't know what is appropriate and what is not now. 

Had a whole group of Vlogs on " Who should pay for the first date?" Him? Her/ Go Dutch? And apparently the term " Go Dutch" is no longer appropriate. 

I remember back in the 70s, my first date my wife and I had was a " thrown" together spur of the moment event after a Lamar football game and both of us did not have a great deal of money, and we pooled our money together and got Dr. Peppers and Chili-Cheese Tots at the Sonic on Washington BLVD. ( As Chris Bossier says, the best Sonic in the area, and he is right, it was the best 40+ year ago. The Sonic near Lamar on Washington.) 

I don't know, I paid most of the time afterward, but to be honest, our dates amounted to going to her or my house and just " hanging out" because well, we didn't have a lot of money as college students. 

Then, I read where you almost have to have a contract to kiss on the first date. 

And if you don't have sex after date number 3 or 4 well, the relationship is probably doomed. ( WTH? Again, we did not have sex until our wedding night...And I am sorry you think that whoever you are dating/ marry should accept the number of partners you have had in the past, but I waited, I can expect whoever I marry to have waited. And they likewise....And if someone is okay with whatever your past is, that's their and your business. Don't be telling other people who they should think in their personal life. )

And I see some of these Vlogs in which they think it is okay to have sex with someone they are not exclusive with, even if they are "dating" someone exclusively. It's just sex. 

Huh? 

Then there were the Vlogs in which you pretty need almost a contract of approval even with you spouse to have sex. I don't know. So much romance is " spur of the moment." Especially when you are married. 

I could not date today. I don't know what someone else would want...Or worse what the rules are any more. Maybe I've been married so long I know the other person and vice-versa, we don't have to ask. 

As I have said before and will continue. If something happens to my wife before me, I'm done. I'll sell the house, move near the kids and live in a tiny apartment/house, whatever. I don't want to start over. I don't think I can, or in truth would not want to go through it going by today's rules. And I couldn't find anyone who would put up with the lunacy that is me, or find anyone better than what I have right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Hello, We're from Buna"

 So, I had not planned to blog today, have appointments today, and I am taking a break at the Compound before I head to the next one.  So, o...