Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Too Soon?

 I wonder how much politics is involved? I wonder how much this is being done to take people's minds off the disaster that the power and water utilities were during the cold/snow/ice/sleet storm we had a couple of weeks ago now? 

But Gov. Abbott has lifted the mask requirement and has opened up businesses 100% in Texas. 

I seriously wonder if I had not had the shot if I would go " hog wild" and start going to places with crowds. 

I know I planned to go to "Pat's of Henderson" in Lake Charles in the next couple of week because next Tuesday, our vaccines will fully efficient. That was until I discovered that 'Pat's" is closed due to hurricane damage and they are not sure when it will re-open. 

So, we will look at going to my second favorite seafood restaurant, the Schooner in Nederland. 

The Schooner is an old school restaurant and when we lived in Groves ( THE Groves for those of you from Mid-County) and I had first been hired at the Buna ISD as the 'gubmint' teacher. 

Not only did they have old school type booths, tables, waitresses, the fried food is wonderful.....plus, when we first started going, it was full of local politicos and  businessmen, itwas frequented by local government professors from LCPA  and Mid-County high school government teachers.  The high school government teacher world is a small world. Most high schools only have one "gubmint" teachers and while we don't socialize, we know who they are, and often are in inservice or AP training classes with them.

We are going...and even though we had the shots, we will wear the masks until we reach our booth( Always a booth at the Schooner.  Makes me feel " Old School.")

Not wearing a mask for us, wearing them because we might somehow be carriers.

I don't know about the state  re-opening. 

Yes, at some point we need to re-open. 

Yes, we need to get a lot more people vaccinated. 

But so many people are making whether you wear a mask or get vaccinated "political." 

We still have a large number of people who don't believe Covid is "real." 

We have people who think you wear a mask you are a Democrat, you don't wear one you're a Republican. 

In the comments section of the Houston Chronicle  yesterday on the story about the governor opening the state, there were people who were calling mask wearers, people who were getting the the vaccine either " Pussies" ( They have the vowels starred) or Marxists/Communists. And plenty of people liking those comments. 

It makes me wonder how much trouble we are in, in this country. 

Then again, I am amazed at how many people think that all teachers are Communists. And it wasn't always thought that way. 

I worry there will be a resurgence of Covid with everything open....If I was ugly, I wouldn't worry about it for certain people, saying " It is just Darwinian." But I can't. Not everyone has had access the vaccines and many who have not would take a shot(s) in a second. 

Maybe this was to be. 

Maybe it is just part of the restructuring of the world. 

Whether you carry to believe it or not, the world and its structure, world leadership changes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Change at Buna?

 I knew it had changed, and I really have not talked a great deal about the change until I saw it discussed on Facebook.  Yesterday and toda...